Hello Sweet Friends,
Wasn’t sure whether to make this a beauty post or a food post because quite frankly in our house, we eat Coconut Oil AND we use it to moisturize our face and booty. The only cardinal rule is one tub STAYS in the kitchen and the other tub STAYS in the bathroom and too bad if we run out of one… you cannot under any circumstance “borrow” from the other tub!!!!!
You have probably read all about how good coconut oil is for you but in case you haven’t I have posted some links below for you to check out.
How we use it in the kitchen …
- Spread on toast instead of butter
- In smoothies to add a little good fat to the drinks (good fats keep you full)
- Saute veggies (you can slightly taste the coconut flavor on the veggies but when I use it to make Brussels sprouts, Hubby said they were the best Brussels sprouts he has tasted)
How we use it in the bathroom …
- All over body lotion – so much better than using products that have questionable ingredients and fragrances in them. I love the tub in the picture above because it is so easy to get to the oil which is a solid but quickly melts into a lotion in your warm hands. Just be sure to give it a minute to soak in before you dress so that you don’t stain undergarments. It really only takes a minute but I know how we are all in a hurry in the morning to get to our cup o’ joe! ☕️💕
- Facial moisturizer – I use this sparingly on my face, lips and love the glow it gives my skin. I usually put a little on my hands and start off applying to my neck so that I don’t use it too heavily on my face. Love what it is doing for those … uh um “fines lines.”
- Hair – You can put a little on your hands and use it to smooth down your hair follicles and flyaways similar to how many of you may be using a moroccan oil that can be pricey.
- Body Scrub – mix with salt or sugar for a hand or body scrub.
And just in case you weren’t too sure about using coconut oil in the kitchen… keep this in mind. Studies have shown the following:
Weight loss: Medium Chain fatty acids found in coconut oil can speed up metabolism faster than long chain fatty acids because they are easily digested and convert into energy. Now, of course, using coconut oil alone is not going to make you lose weight but in conjunction with whole foods and exercise it will only help!
You have to love a product that does lots of different jobs and does them really well!!! At $7.99 for a 12 oz tub, the price is right in line with your typical body moisturizers. I promise you it will work better, last longer and be kinder to your body, inside and out!
I buy mine at my local Heinen’s Grocery Store. You can read all about it at the company’s website Carrington Farms link below and order from that site or Amazon also.
If you liked this post, please be sure to click Like below. It helps give me the courage to post again! Believe it or not I always second guess posting because I think no one will read this or no one is interested. 🙂
If you really liked it then also leave me a comment too. 🙂 🙂
If you really, really liked it then please share on Facebook 👍 and help me expand my followers. 🙂 🙂 🙂
If you have a question, send me a private message through my Contact Lo & Lil page.
Like Brene Brown, I am choosing to Dare Greatly … http://www.brenebrown.com
I hope you will choose to Dare Greatly in everything you set out to do in your life!
Love, Health and Happiness to you my friend,